Based upon our research and the answers to the questions we can start to list the desirable features of the vehicle.
Our moon buggy should have the following features...
- Battery powered (because normal car engines would not work on the moon!).
- Solar panels needed to charge up the batteries. (How much sunlight will there be? - more research needed).
- Must be able to carry two spacemen (astronauts), rock samples, tools, camera, communications equipment, spare oxygen bottles, robot arm attached.
- 4 wheel drive with large wide wheels and good grip to drive over sand, gravel and small rocks.
- Spikes added to wheels if ice encountered.
- Powerful enough to go uphill (how steep? - more research needed).